Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Favorite Goals

 I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I'm writing with prompts this month and its giving me a lot to think about. So when today the question was 'what are 5 current goals that you are working towards?' my  mind immediately began analyzing that.  After all, most of us - if we make goals at all - have more than just 5 of them, right?  And then my brain, which is mostly fried after writing fiction for four hours straight last night, brought up the idea about favorite goals. And isn't it the truth - we do have goals that we are more excited about than others, right?  So I challenged myself to look at my goals lists and pick 5 that were my favorite and 5 that I was less than excited about.

How hard can it be to get a nice pictures?


The favorite ones were easy to find.
1.  Take three riding lessons (January 2016 goal).  Who wouldn't be excited about this?!?
2.  Blog every week on both blogs (January 2016 goal).  With proper planning, this is a favorite of mine.
3.  Horse show for the first time ever (2016 year goal).  Obviously.
4.  Take a vacation (2016 year goal).  Because travel and pictures, of course.
5.  Bring Lady to West Texas (2016 year goal).  Who wouldn't want their horse in the same city with them?

The less exciting ones...
1. Be more fit (2016 year goal).  I'm always working on this. SO hard.  :|
2.  Get straight A's both semesters at TTU (2016 year goal).  I'm afraid of this goal. And nervous.
3.  Share a sketch of one of my characters with someone else (January 2016 goal).  My drawing is something that I don't share. This is a needed step in the right direction with my art, but it doesn't mean I'm not dreading it.
4.  Save $xxx in January 2016.  I'll like it when its done, but at the moment, with bills to pay? Not so easy.
5.  Find friends in West Texas (2016 year goal).  I am horrid at this, but again. Necessary.


The answer? Quite difficult.


It was an interesting exercise to look at my goals with this in mind. Before I started, I practically agreed with myself that if I found a goal that was just filling me with dread (or a similar emotion) I would consider scratching it out. But although I dread the process of some of them, the end result is definitely something that I want. So it will be worth it.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment