Thursday, November 20, 2014

November's 10 Questions

I love these questions... thanks so much to L. Williams from Viva Carlos for putting them out there. :)



1)  Have you ever owned a horse?  Yup, I've owned 4 horses in my lifetime.

2)  What is your favorite aspect of your discipline?  I don't show (yet) so I don't have a set discipline, but I really am focusing on dressage right now. My favorite aspect is probably the hard work that goes into it. Not that horses are ever easy but there are so many little nuances that go into dressage and I just love that part of it.

3)  What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline?  In the showing world, I really don't like that judges often seem to reward everything except true classical training and that people use so many gadgets and "quick-fix" training methods. I see it all the time.  :(

4)  Do you do barn chores?  Yes. All of them.  Every day.

5)  What is your least favorite barn chore?  Hmm... cleaning up the tack room. There is a reason why all my tack is now in my room instead of outside.  :P

6)  What do you consider the worst vice in a horse?  Rearing is my least favorite. I can deal with and work to correct biting and kicking, but rearing is another challenge altogether.



7)  What saddle brand is your favorite?  This is a hard one for me since I have not had enough experience or sat in enough saddles, but I do adore the Parelli Saddles company. And I have sat in an Antares and nearly swooned. If I could just get either of those brands onto my horse......

8)  Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter?  No, never have, although I have considered it. I definitely will if I ever clip my horse in the winter.

9)  Does your horse wear boots? What kind?  She doesn't always wear boots, but when she does she either has splint boots or bell boots on her front legs. Or both. She also has polo wraps for the winter for warmth.  I made the wraps and the others are the local brand.

10)  Full seat or knee patch breeches?  Again, I don't have enough experience, but I would go with full seat whenever I buy a pair.

Thanks again L for giving me some questions to answer! My favorite :)

1 comment: