Friday, March 4, 2016

Horse Show Panic



This next Saturday is the first horse show of our season. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! This show is going to be at the collegiate equestrian center, aka the first barn I leased Missy at. Great facility that I'm already familiar with, so that's a plus! 
I'll be competing in the flat equitation classes (seriously doubting that my equitation is good enough for this, but if Lindsey says I can do it, I guess I can!) and Missy will also be in several of the jump classes with R, her owner.  Super excited about all of that! 
I've been stressing out over everything related to this show... how to practice so that I can ride my best under pressure, what I'll need to wear to look appropriate, and how in the world do these classes work anyways?? 
With that in mind, what was your first season of showing like?  What were the things that made it good, or made it bad?  Curious here!  And maybe overthinking it all.

1 comment:

  1. To this day, the best thing about horse shows is going with a group of friends and making memories (both I and out of the show ring). Smile. Laugh. Have fun. Learn something. If you do that, you'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete