Go to Europe for six weeks in February/March and have a safe, enjoyable trip. Come back with lots of great memories and experiences and ride at least one horse during that time.Completed in February/March.
- Write my second novel by finishing all the character development, plot structure and background work before actually writing. Possibly use Nanowrimo to complete the writing part. Have a completed first draft before Christmas 2015. Quarter 2 update: starting to write with Camp Nanowrimo to help! I've gotten so far already!
- Go back to school in Fall 2015, at TTU if all works out, and move out on my own. Move Lady to a barn nearby, find a decent job, and get settled into a new life. I've applied to school and am working a lot in order to save money in time to move in October. Starting to look for barns and places to live too!
- Ride Lady 120 times. Keep track of this by recording every ride, its length, type of work, and good/bad thoughts. Add a page to this blog to keep this record. Record page here. I hit 20 rides in May. All the lameness issues have pushed riding aside for a while. This will still happen.
- Take the opportunity to ride horses of varied disciplines, ages, and levels with the goal of riding 12 different horses for at least 30 minutes each throughout the course of 2015.
- Take at least 10 riding lessons, preferably spread out throughout the year. Try to have at least several that are discipline-specific. See Goal #4. Same issue.
- Improve my lifestyle to be healthier by having a full food allergy/intolerance test done, exercising 4x per week, taking daily supplements again, and creating better sleep habits. This has definitely improved a lot in the second quarter.
- Become more balanced, organized, and stress-free by spending more time outdoors, keeping a daily journal, and utilizing Tech-Free Sundays. Say no more often. Yup! An on-going process though.
- Keep up with and improve on both my blogs. For this blog: post 5x weekly, host at least 3 guest interviews, and clean up categories and tags. For Katharine Marie: post 3x monthly, become more active on Facebook and Twitter, and start monetizing. Getting there!
- Improve my riding ability so that I can ask for transitions properly, ride the canter and gallop, jump up to 2' with decent EQ, and see/feel/change diagonals well. See above.
- Continue to work with Lady, especially in fitness so that she can gallop for 3 minutes/canter for 7 minutes. Work also in balance so that she can work in a 50/50 frame (not on the forehand) and not throw her shoulders in. Again, see above.
Work Lady through her trailer issues and prepare/go to an event (trail ride, parade, clinic, show) in the summer/fall.Completed May 9th and 10th in Athens, TX.