Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February Goals

Well, I was supposed to post an update on Lady - you know, my actual horse, the one I own! - but I cannot get pictures to work, so that will have to wait a day or two. Sorry.

Anyways, my goals post did not go up on Monday, so let's talk about it here.

January was.... interesting... to say the least. I did not accomplish all the goals that I had written out for myself, but I did achieve some good things and made progress on a few others.

For example...
  • I improved my riding, took 3 lessons, and really feel a whole lot better about myself.
  • I signed a lease on Missy and even got the go-ahead to show her in March!
  • School started - my first semester at university! - and I fell back in love with learning.
  • Even in the last two weeks since school started, my piano/music skills have improved.
  • I paid all my bills on time and feel a lot more optimistic about things.
  • I've eaten a lot better health-wise and I've been feeling better due to that.
 The few things I did not get done but wish I had would have been...
  • I did NOT exercise very much outside of riding, but that has already improved in the last week.
  • The house did not stay as clean as I would have like. Whoops.
  • I did not make much of an effort as far as looking for better job opportunities.
 Anything else that was on my list of goals for January and did not get done, I have decided was not as important as I thought it was. Because that is really the truth. There were a few things on the list that I just was not excited about anymore at the end of the month. And that's okay - they weren't important then.

What is up for February?

In February, I have made very few plans. I already know that March is going to be busy, so I've eased up my schedule a little bit this month to allow more time for work (earning money, yay!) and the biggest focus will be pulling my grades out of the 80s into the 90s, and putting in enough exercise/riding time to be ready to show in March with Missy.  Those are the two main things (I have made SMART goals in those areas, just not writing them out here), and then making an effort to look into possible living arrangements for Lady. I really want to move her in April if everything goes according to plan.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment