Tuesday, August 19, 2014

So. Much. Rain.

I live in East Texas, north of the Dallas area, and (apparently) this part of the world has been in a drought for the last several years.
Actually, I believe it.




 The water level in our back pasture pond has sunk well over six feet. I can remember sitting in one of the trees on the edge and touching the water with my toes. Now me, Lady, and The Pony can walk side by side between that same tree and the water level. Easily.
This year seems to have helped a little with pulling us out of this dryness though. Usually, at this time of year, I am worrying about the ponies tripping in the insane cracked ground.
Instead, I have been planning my schedule around rainy days and muddy ground, even now. And its past the middle of August!  :O

Anyways, that's all I have to say. It is strange that we are still having so much rain this time of year. :-)

Oh, and go check out Cob Jockey's contest. She got 100 followers on her blog and is giving away a fantastic gift certificate! :-)

2 comments:

  1. ugggh rain makes me jealous california needs it soooo bad.

    ReplyDelete