Thursday, December 4, 2014

The New Saddle

No... I did not get another new saddle.  I just figured it was about time that I sat down and wrote about how things have been going with my biggest purchase of late.

Because leather.
I bought it in the beginning of October, so it has now been with me for 2 months and so far is working out quite well. It is my first leather saddle and that has been a learning experience in itself.

I have had to get used to the more forward flap than my Wintec had, but I really like it now. The seat isn't quite as cushy as I might like it to be, but again, not a big deal unless I decide to go on a long trail ride at some point, in which case, most saddles might get a bit hard.  ;)

Picture from when wearing a t-shirt was reasonable.
I'm also liking that it fits Lady. I did have to get a new girth to make it fit better, but that was a conformation thing that needed correcting and not a saddle thing.  As long as I keep it back and off her shoulders (like I'm supposed to do to begin with) then its not too narrow for her and there are is even pressure all along her back, which is exactly what I was looking for. :)


Best of all, Lady hasn't had a sore back and my EQ has come a long way in the last two months. Two things to be glad about, right??


No comments:

Post a Comment