You can't imagine how excited I was when she got back to me and said she could come and watch me ride. Eeeek! I was pretty excited to say the least.
And nervous. I have actually never ridden around someone who is a lot better than me. Never had a lesson in my life. I think I'm pretty good, and I do have a lot of knowledge in my head, but how do I measure up to someone else?
I actually was sick the morning of the day we arranged and almost cancelled because of it, but I was so glad later that I didn't. I squeezed a nap in and felt quite a bit better - good enough to ride at least with mediocre skill! Lol...
Pretty much the whole time was spent on a circle with the middle portion on the lunge (which I definitely needed).
We weren't working on Lady, but on me, which was perfect because Lady is an angel and I'm the mess... right?
|I wish it were this green again...|
Main things I need to work on...
- Shoulders/elbows: create that line through shoulders/hips/heels.
- Push her forward with my seat/hips. I thought I was doing this, but it wasn't enough.
- Drop my heels in two point, and then drop them further.
- Pinkie finger goes under the rein, thumb stays on top. Don't let it slip.
- And I need to drop my stirrups every ride. Yeah...
- Ride the halt - its a transition.
I enjoyed every minute of the ride and I loved getting feedback about my riding. If the weather holds, we'll be getting together again on Sunday, and I'm really really excited.