Monday, January 19, 2015

Travel Planning Monday III: Winter Packing

Part I - Making Decisions
Part II - Where to Go and Transportation

The dates for our trip to Europe are February 11 - March 25. For the most part that classifies as winter and winter in Europe usually means cold and wet.
Happy day.


We are going at this time for several reasons.
1)  It isn't tourist season. More culture!
2)  Everything is cheaper. Always nice.
3)  Good timing between school semesters for me!

In some ways this makes packing easier (aka less clothing gets sweaty from hot days). But we also do need to keep warm and dry. Obviously, right?

The question comes to: how many layers and jackets we need to pack. Trick question!

So far I've picked up several sweaters and leggings to use for layering but I still need to find some light jackets and decide on a coat.
But my problem is that I can't seem to settle on/find something that will be warm and look fashionable AND not be too bulky to pack. Ackkk!

Riding Sport Fleece Jacket from Dover
I like fleece jackets and this one (or something like it looks nice) but I can't seem to find something that really appeals to me. I also like vests, which, paired with certain things, can be very fashionable.

I do own a pretty nice wool coat that I'm considering taking along as a "heavy weight blanket" option if I need it, but it is heavy... which makes me hesitate.

Sigh!  What would you pack?

And believe me, I already have clothing marked for riding purposes while I'm gone!  Mwahahaha....

1 comment:

  1. ooh packing is both fun and such a PITA lol. vests are great, tho i'd probably only take one full coat... good luck!

    ReplyDelete