So, I scrounged around online a little and found out what some other people consider to be essential manners so that I could list what I like to see in a horse.
- Lead quietly, beside and not behind me.
- Allow me to touch him all over without any problems.
- Stand quietly for the farrier.
- Load on a trailer. This is the one that Lady does not do, since I don't have a trailer to practice.
- Stand tied, either to a post, or in cross ties.
- Be caught easily in the pasture.
- Respect personal space. Very very well, and...
- Never, ever present me with his hindquarters. Even though Lady doesn't kick, turning away like that is a major sign of disrespect.