Thursday, January 28, 2016

On My Own



Almost two weeks ago, I had two of my best friends come out to visit me. They arrived on Friday and left on Monday. Now, since I moved into my RV in mid-November, I have not had company. It has just been me and Giovanni in the house, and I've quite liked it. I am extremely happy to live on my own, but it didn't bother me to have two extra people in the house for a few days. I was even really sad that Monday night when I got back from work and a meowing kitty was the only one at home.

I am 21 years old and have never been in a serious relationship with anyone. I don't go out on random dates, I don't pine after someone to love me, etc. I have my days, even a week sometimes, where I feel lonely and wish that there was someone else in my life, and I've actually tried to pursue a relationship during those times before. But then the moment passes, I get a good night's sleep, and I'm completely content again to have my own place and my own life, exactly how I make it. 

I've been asked how I manage living alone before, and how I don't go crazy. I will say that having pets is a huge help. I love my animals and I don't think I could enjoy living alone without some sort of pet at home - my big orange feline right now. I love the freedom of not needing to check with anyone if I want to go out. I don't have to cook unless I want to eat (okay, sometimes I cook for the cat). There aren't a lot of things that I don't like about it, except for those days when I'm sick but don't have any choice but to take care of myself.

So, when I planned out this post, I was supposed to write a paragraph here about what I would enjoy about living with someone. Ummm, no real ideas though! Sometimes it would be nice to have a conversation in the evenings, but those thoughts usually come up when I'm feeling lonely - as mentioned earlier. But I also have friends that I do that with on a regular basis, so maybe that isn't a strong enough point.

I'm a strong believer in being content in the life you are given. If I eventually meet someone who adds even more awesome to what I already have, then I have no qualms about relinquishing my single/alone status. Until then, if it ever happens, I'm happy with what I've got.

Also, nobody ever complains when I want to spend a ton of time at the barn, or that I have an interest in horses at all.

Although...  I wish my cat would let me have a dog. I want a dog. And a cat. Both are reasonable, right?

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment