Thursday, October 23, 2014

October's 10 Questions

Courtesy of Viva Carlos again, here are 10 questions for October. This is my third blog-hop thing this week, which might not be a good thing......



1. How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own?

None, although I want a few. I ride in jeans and cowboy boots.  >:)

2. How many horses have you ridden?
Well... I don't know exactly. I probably rode about 5 or 6 rodeo horses when I was younger, and then one of my cousins let me learn on at least 4 of his roping horses. About 8 on trail rides, another 10ish through friends and helping people with their mounts and my own four. So... between 30 and 40?  Not too bad :)

3.  How many trainers have you had?
Uhhh... I've only ever had natural horsemanship instructors, so.... 3.

4.  How many barns have you ridden at?
None.

5.  What is the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with?
Lady. No questions asked.

6. What is your favorite show name that you've encountered?
I have to say that I love Wyvern Oaks' Paddington Bear.  :)

7.  What do you consider to be your greatest flaw or weakness in riding?
I'm not good at relaxing and still focusing. Either I ride with no purpose or I try to be perfect. There is an in-between that I sometimes get and need to become better at.

8.  What do you consider to be your greatest strength?
My seat - I've never been thrown! ;)  No, really I think my strength would be in the fact that I am pretty good at handling most any horse and not getting upset.

9.  Have you ever leased a horse?
Nope. It's not common in this area to lease, and I've always been able to own anyways, so its never come up as an option.

10.  What is the name of the first horse you rode?
I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember... I only remember a few years of riding everything that anyone would let me onto.

3 comments:

  1. i hear ya on the 'relaxing AND focusing' thing... not a strong point of mine either lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Challenging. And my girl takes advantage of it. :P

      Delete
  2. You know I think I kind of do the same thing with the relaxing and focusing thing! I never really thought of it that way! I applaud you on having never been thrown lol. I was exercise riding a horse for someone and they didn't tell me he was a bucker... he launched me!! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete