September was an... interesting... month, to say the least. Lots of things happened, several of which took precedence to my goals at the time.
- Finish the final edit of my novel. I got about a third of the way through.
- Follow blog posting schedule. Other than the 12 days that I didn't spend any time at all on blogs, I did good!
Organize short stories into a collection.This one did happen, so yay! I still need to find my flash drive so I can get the last of my pieces taken care of. Read 6 novels and study parts 1-4 in my horse training book.See this blog post for more info about my reading. I'm still studying part 4 because of the immense about of information on aids that it has.
Saddle search.My Wintec is being loved by a new mare and I'm waiting anxiously on my new purchase!
- Ride a new horse. Whoops. With everything that happened, Lady was the only one who got ridden.
Ride Lady 2x per week.Without fail, I got this done. Yay!
Arrange at least 1 piano lesson with my teacher.Had this yesterday. :-) Keep up with school assignmentsand exercise schedule. School, yes. Exercise lasted about half the month and then just fell aside again.
- Earn my purple belt - taekwondo. I ended up skipping testing this time around. Next month!
October General Goals!
- Read another 6 novels.
- Complete my novel's cover and put the final touches on my publishing plan.
- Write daily using My 500 Words.
- Put in my university application and start planning for that huge change.
- Be at the piano 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. (Crazy, I know.)
- Don't drown in homework!
- Exercise or stretch every day.
- Get 3 people's Christmas gifts finished. (Gah... is it that time of year already?!)
October Horse Goals!
- Have fun at the Parelli event next week!
- Pull enough money together to have Lady's teeth done and get her a winter blanket.
- Ride 2x per week and do groundwork 2x per week
- Riding goal for myself: 2pointober! My lower leg needs boot camp!
- Riding goal for Lady: Improve focus/attention span/concentration.
- Groundwork goal: Refresh ground manners and lunge the canter.
As a bonus challenge for myself, I would like to halter The Pony at least every week. She has been an angel lately and I want to take advantage of that.
Challenging? Yes. Here goes....